Monday 30 September 2019

Crucians, Bream and Bass! UK 2019
















With just 2 short months back in the UK this summer my fishing time was always going to be limited. Friends, family, festivals, and fishing.....the 4 F's - That pretty much sums up my time back home this year.
















It's always nice to return to England's green and pleasant land - there really is no finer place to be when the sun shines. Of all the British species I miss, without doubt the Bass is top of the list. These fish are the bees knees as far as I'm concerned. From the beach in a gale, or afloat on my kayak when the weather is settled, I just love fishing for them.























I managed to squeeze in a few sessions on the kayak with my buddy Dave and although we caught bass every time, there was one session in particular that really stood out. There were good numbers of fish on the reef and they were all good sizes too. Great fun on the light spinning tackle with the trusty Fiiish Black Minnows doing the damage as usual. These lures are very effective!















After months of fishing heavy tackle in the demanding saltwater environment of Panama, a return to delicate freshwater fishing was also a wonderful change of pace. I squeezed a few sessions in after the stunning crucian carp, fishing the float in the margins of some beautiful ponds.

















I also had a go fishing the 'tip' for river bream on the tidal reaches of my local River Arun. The simplicity, peace and quiet were just wonderful. Quintessential British fishing at it's best.....I even caught few stunners too. Happy days!




No comments:

Post a Comment