Monday 17 July 2017

86 and still fishing - June 2017

Grandma Freda and her Carp!

















My Grandma's a bit of a legend.....her and my Grandad (who has sadly now passed) gave me the gift of fishing when I was a nipper and I've never looked back since. She's always loved her fishing, mostly freshwater stuff. She's always been a fan of float fishing down the edge but I suppose her biggest passion was fly fishing for trout.

My childhood memories are full of days on the banks with my grandparents and for that I'm incredibly grateful. They inspired me to go on and do the things that have brought me so much joy in recent years....and will do for many more to come. The gift of fishing is a very special thing.

Bent into a good'un!

















Being 86, she doesn't get about much these days, let alone go fishing! Every summer we try and get her a bit of bank time though. It means so much to her. There's also her 'annual fishing holiday' too. Recently these have been a week down in Devon somewhere with a little cottage and a lake in the grounds. She loves it!

This June saw my wife and I take my Gran to a lovely little place near Chulmleigh in North Devon. She fished every day in the afternoon and evenings and had a great time catching roach, rudd, bream and carp. Seeing the smile on her face was enough for me, it's so nice to return the favour that she did for me all those years ago. Priceless! Good on you Gran!

Priceless!






No comments:

Post a Comment