Saturday 20 July 2019

Grandma's that fish! June 2019

My Gran has been the biggest influence on my fishing life.....full-stop! It was her and my Grandad that taught me to fish as a nipper and set me on a course that has taken me all around the world following my passion. Fishing brings so much joy in so many ways. It's the places it takes you to, the people you meet and the adventures you share. There really is nothing quite like it!


Being in Panama running the kayak fishing lodge has kept my wife and I away from family and friends for the last 6 months, which is the price you pay. Nothing is ever perfect and without a doubt its the people back home that we miss more than anything. Family especially.


We take my Gran on a summer fishing holiday most years because at 88 years young she needs a little help on the bankside these days. It's always quality time spent together and she amazes us with how keen she is to fish every day. For 88, she's amazing.


This year when we were back for our annual visit, she booked a lovely log cabin at South View Fishery - just outside of Exeter. It was beautiful location in the rolling Devon countryside with 3 lakes to fish. One a specimen carp water and 2 general coarse lakes....perfect for my Gran.


We had a great week and caught some splendid fish. None of them were going to shake the record books but that's not what it's about. For me, just helping my Gran to get a few hours fishing in every day while we were there was the icing on the cake. She had a great time, catching carp, roach, rudd, tench, crucians and perch. It was fabulous and brought her so much joy. A great week spent together. Well done Gran!

2 comments:

  1. Great to read article about fishing experience.The pictures which you have posted about different variety of fishes are good to see.
    Fishing Rod from online shop UK

    ReplyDelete